Although Backspacer tour in Australia and New Zealand consisted only of seven dates, Pearl Jam tried hard to make it special. The band introduced some covers to local band's songs, including If You Want Blood by AC/DC (Mike McCready helped on back vocals) and couple of Neil Finn's songs with Neil himself on stage. And his son Liam performed with Pearl Jam at six shows out of seven. Three all-new covers were presented at three last gigs. Also Eddie's friend Ben Harper continued to tour with Pearl Jam and together they performed Red Mosquito at every show with Ben on lap steel guitar (another interesting version with altered solos included) and sometimes on vocals on Indifference.
As for the band, Mike once again completely changed solos for Off He Goes and Boom Gaspar finally learned how to play piano right on Love Reign O'er Me. Also I selected very solid classic version of In My Tree with slightly altered solo.
Ed's voice was constantly improving through the tour, it was much better than in States and in final shows it was almost perfect. Unfortunately, in Sydney Eddie has got terrible flue and his singing was hopeless fight against pain and heat. Fortunately, Sydney people gave Ed all support they could give and with all the band on fire saved that great show.
- Small Town
- Not For You (Ed's story of the local word "schoolie") (Modern Girl)
- In My Tree
- Off He Goes
- Red Mosquito (with Ben Harper on lap steel guitar)
- Indifference (with Ben Harper on vocals)
- Love, Reign O'er Me
- Throw Your Arms Around Me (with Liam Finn)
- Better Be Home Soon (with Neil Finn & Liam Finn)
- I Got You (with Neil Finn & Liam Finn)
- If You Want Blood / You Got It + Blood
- (band presentation: call me Eddie-ask-me-for-a-drink!)
- Yellow Ledbetter (AC/DC riffs)