Wednesday, October 20, 2010
There is so much more to the story of how Pearl Jam formed than has ever been shared. To uncover it, I interviewed Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, Matt Cameron, Chris Cornell and other key players, I dug up original 1990 Pearl Jam artifacts and hunted down rare audio, I triangulated dates and gathered every fact.
To celebrate Pearl Jam’s 20th Birthday, I’m proud to present the fruits of over 10 years of exhaustive original research.
Brew a pot of coffee, fire up your printer, and prepare for a long, engrossing read in unprecedented detail about the events of 1990, the year that a series of magically wild coincidences brought together the unlikely group of people that became Pearl Jam.
Discover the amazing events of 1990
* Ed’s long-lost band with a member of Rage Against The Machine
* The Mother Love Bone riffs that survived to become Pearl Jam classics
* Eddie explains making “Momma-Son”
* The true story of Ed’s TWO “first weeks” in Seattle with Mookie Blaylock in October 1990
* Cornell talks Temple of the Dog, and Stone divulges the Pearl Jam fan-favorite that almost had lyrics by Cornell
* Stone, Jeff, and Eddie recalling the first show, first song, and first weeks
* Much, much more
Open twofeetthick.com page
Download PDF file (15Mb)